Runners? Yes...<3 I'm in love <3

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by ScaredOfShadows, Jun 21, 2010.

1. ScaredOfShadows

ScaredOfShadows Chillin' With My Peeps

Black two, Sweetpea and Squirt. one girl the other I'm not sure...Taffy my blonde colored silkie hen behind them, and crazy black Sampson the rooster back behind her. lol
    [​IMG]

All three of the nosies, the blue tuxedo is a girl and her name is Tux.
    [​IMG]

Here they are eating out of my hand this evening. They are such sweeties.
    [​IMG]

Here they are telling the other fat butts they are ready for bed already and leading them back up to the corner of my neighbor's property where their night pen is.
    [​IMG]

I got these guys Sunday the 20th from IamCuriosityCat. These are by far the friendliest ducks I have had in years...The blue was a bit of a spazz yesterday, but is learning from Sweetpea and Squirt that I am a good human and nothing to spazz out about.

2. love_a_duck

love_a_duck Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2010
    Waterford, Michigan
    [​IMG]
    oh, they are wonderful.
    so pretty, and eating out of your hand!
    taking the other fat butts to bed.
    [​IMG]

3. javajanie

javajanie Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    Southern MD
    I love runners. Trying to convince my hubby we need a couple next Spring.

4. crj

crj Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2009
    Rocky Point, NC
    Your runners are too cute. I like their names....... lol. I love my runners. They are fawn and white. Right now they are afraid of everything, even me!!! My nephew scared them yesterday trying to feed them a treat. They keep running behind the coop and hiding. Now they are doing it every time they see him. Today all he did was walk out the back door and the ducks went running. My poor nephew has a complex now......... lol. He's only 8. I told him they may like him tomorrow.

My ducks are just so entertaining. I haven't picked names for them yet. It's amazing how pretty they really are.

5. ScaredOfShadows

ScaredOfShadows Chillin' With My Peeps

The secret to these guys being so friendly, Iamcuriositycat had sold the eggs to a teacher to incubate and so they were hatched and raised for like 2 weeks i think in a classroom with all them kids messing with them all day from day one. [​IMG] The tux is coming along nicely. I just got on really quick to check my stuff, then I got to go out and feed everyone.

I let the runners loose from their night pen and then gave them some food in there, now everyone (all 3 runners, 5 magpies, 2 buffs) are at my backdoor with nearly a dozen of the neighbor's chickens...X_x I heard them all out there grumping at me cause I'm a bit late on the food! - lol. They have peas cooling I fixed them so they'll forgive me in a few minutes.

All my other ducks will come up around my feet and everything but freak out at sudden movements and such, and they are learning they are not allowed to steal the babies food, cause treat times I feed the babies right in from of me like that pictures, i put a bowl in front of me with their treats and stuff and the babies have their fill. [​IMG] This way I dont have to worry about them being bullied away from food.

Thanks you guys, I love these little boogers. its too funny listening to their baby quacks. Enjoy them duckies.

6. JJchiknshak

JJchiknshak Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2010
    wellsburg, Wv.
    Runners are awesome!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by