Runners?

brenda2613

Hatching
Mar 25, 2016
TN
Hoping to get some info from the Indian Runner experts!
I am a first-time duck owner. (I've had chickens for a while.) My husband, awesome man that he is, brought me home five ducklings at the beginning of March. He got them from a local co-op. The co-op had them listed as khaki Campbell. As wee little babies they all looked pretty much alike. Now, at just over three weeks old, I have 3 that I am certain our khaki Campbell, and 2 that I have no idea what they are.
I looked up the hatchery where the co-op gets their ducks and nothing really fits except Indian runners.

Here they all are as babies. The 2 in question did have more grey than brown at this point, but I didn't think much of it.

Here they are today. The grey ones are bigger than the 3 khaki Campbells. They also have black spots on them.

Here is one of the grey ones standing.

This photo shows the size difference.

And one more with a KC standing with one of the ducks in question.

I brought them out of the brooder for pictures. Lots of poop clean up, but I got about 50 good shots. If you need any certain angles of the ducklings for further review, I would be happy to share them!

Thanks so much for any insight you may provide!!

love.gif
They're adorable!! Welcome to BYC!

I'd say the 2 unknowns are Runners. I'll tag some other members that are better acquainted with Runners & they enjoy seeing ducklings.
big_smile.png

@Amiga
@Miss Lydia
@needlessjunk
@jtn42248

I have chocolate and brown Runners. Here are some pictures from when they were young, about six years ago.

Einz, my tallest Runner girl, quickly grew to 18 inches in height, and then gained another four inches or more over the next few months.

I have chocolate and brown Runners. Here are some pictures from when they were young, about six years ago. Einz, my tallest Runner girl, quickly grew to 18 inches in height, and then gained another four inches or more over the next few months.
So, it's possible that I have 5 runners and 3of them are brown? Hmmmmm! Just as a clarification, I have no preference...I'm in love with them, whatever they are!

I have chocolate and brown Runners. Here are some pictures from when they were young, about six years ago. Einz, my tallest Runner girl, quickly grew to 18 inches in height, and then gained another four inches or more over the next few months.
Still learning how the forum works, so I'm sorry if this posts twice... So I could possibly have 5 runners, and 3 are brown?

Your tall girl looks like a blue to me.

Girl? Are you certain or guessing? I'm hoping for more girls than boys, obviously. Lol. At just over 3 weeks old and myself being a novice at ducks, I have been listening for girl quacks, but I'm still just hearing peeps.

I think all five look like runners to me. But I've not had Khaki's to compare to. They've got the stance and the bill to fit a runner.
The blues look gigantic compared to the chocolates though

I think all five look like runners to me. But I've not had Khaki's to compare to. They've got the stance and the bill to fit a runner.
The blues look gigantic compared to the chocolates though

They are much bigger than the brown ones for sure! That's why I assumed those were khaki Campbells. If I posted a video of them walking around would that help in identifying? I have several videos from today.

Back
Top Bottom