Running a business w/your DH

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by keeperofthehearth, Jan 28, 2009.

1. keeperofthehearth

keeperofthehearth Chillin' With My Peeps

There are some days [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    But after a little BYC [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Now maybe I can get back to work. Thanks folks for sharing your Chickie love and lives on the BYC. [​IMG]

2. ruth

ruth Life is a Journey

Jul 8, 2007
    Woodville, MS
    My DH joined my business when we married 10 years ago. It's a work from home based business that also involves extensive travel. So we are together 24/7. Some days good, some days not so good. He gets so weird about travel that I stopped traveling with him and he does most of the seminars and corporate trainings now. I wasn't willing to get strip searched in airports because of his rants over "our constitutional rights" and other nonsense he would start when they wanted to check our luggage and ask why we had 8 laptops with us. [​IMG] But luckily we bought this farm last year so now I have another outlet and go outside and work with my animals when being together with DH for too long is taking its toll.

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

There is no way I would brave enough to work with Ken. No chance on earth!

4. pinkchick

pinkchick "Ain't nuttin' like having da' blues"

May 30, 2008
    Washington State
    Resigned as a health care administrator 4 years ago to work with my hubby in his business..............I love it, we are together 24/7 and couldn't be happier.

5. keeperofthehearth

So we are together 24/7. Some days good, some days not so good. He gets so weird about travel that I stopped traveling with him and he does most of the seminars and corporate trainings now. I wasn't willing to get strip searched in airports because of his rants over "our constitutional rights" and other nonsense he would start when they wanted to check our luggage and ask why we had 8 laptops with us. But luckily we bought this farm last year so now I have another outlet and go outside and work with my animals when being together with DH for too long is taking its toll.

I SOOOOO hear you Ruth! We run our business fm home also. Computer Service and Repair. So thankful when DH gets calls out.
    Like now [​IMG] !) I get more done around here. It's good for him also. He is a real people person, highly intelligent, very opininated and 24/7 w/me gets a bit rough. I'm happy hanging out with my critters & the BYC.
    I love the biblical Book of Ruth. Tragic, full of endurance, romantic in it's way, a true story of love both human and divine.​

6. keeperofthehearth

Resigned as a health care administrator 4 years ago to work with my hubby in his business..............I love it, we are together 24/7 and couldn't be happier.

[​IMG] Happy for you! May your partnership continue to be blessed. [​IMG]

7. Rusty Hills Farm

Rusty Hills Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2008
    Up at the barn
    My SO retired a few years ago, altho I do still work from home. But it is great being together all the time now. Wouldn't trade it for anything.

[​IMG]

8. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    I adore my husband, but when he is off and I am trying to work, [​IMG]

He is retiring completely next month, I am sorta retiring to start a home biz and I told him to keep out of my shop. [​IMG]

9. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    Ewwww, been there, done that. [​IMG]

10. mrsengeseth

mrsengeseth Chillin' With My Peeps

My hubby threatened to fire me, so i quit. He was my "boss" so to speak. I told him off too. LOL. I told him he'd better get a handle on his "work self" or his "home self" isn't gonna have any fun anymore. Next time, if we ever work togeher, i'll run the books, he runs the physical aspects of the job. He's a flooring installer

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by