Running out of ideas

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Becky89*, Dec 6, 2009.

1. Becky89*

Becky89* Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2008
    pennsylvania
    During my free time I've been writing a novel and I have no more ideas of what to put in it. My novel is 150 pages long (Microsoft Word pages)! I've written about my high school years, My first time behind the wheel of my standard, my relationships with family. I've also included parts about my future husband Danny who has been the main support behind this novel.

Who here has an idea of what I should include in my novel next?

2. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    Becky89* :

During my free time I've been writing a novel and I have no more ideas of what to put in it. My novel is 150 pages long (Microsoft Word pages)! I've written about my high school years, My first time behind the wheel of my standard, my relationships with family. I've also included parts about my future husband Danny who has been the main support behind this novel.

Who here has an idea of what I should include in my novel next?

that's always hard to say for me because I have a hard time figuring out where to start and stop a story. I'm sort of in the same roadblock at the moment. I'll write for 48 hours nonstop and then spend a week reading and editing then start all over again. I always wonder if it's enough, too little or too much.​

3. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    It sounds more like a memoir than a novel. I suggest a time-line and you decide where in your life it starts and then where it ends and anything other than that goes into a different book.

4. Becky89*

Becky89* Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2008
    pennsylvania
    Quote:okay this sounds like a good idea but my life is so blah....

5. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

I would just write a page or two about each thing I remember. Dont worry about how they all fit together. One day you will be looking at your stack of memorys an they will all just fall in to place.

6. luvarabhorses

luvarabhorses Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    Hector, Ar
    I like to write down overheard conversations I think are funny or strange, things people tell me that make you think. I did what you are doing, wrote a book that is semi-autobiographical about college years but I haven't had any luck getting it published.

Does anyone on here read manuscripts as an agent or have publishing connections?

What are your hopes for this?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by