Runny black poo all over her bottom feathers

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by afj6710, Jan 6, 2012.

1. afj6710

afj6710 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2011
    Man, my BOs just have issues! [​IMG] I have one pitiful little pullet - https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=8189125#p8189125 - and one that seems healthy. But, I was just out there and the "healthy" one has runny black poop all over her bottom feathers! [​IMG]

I don't have a clue about this stuff. I know I should but I just don't. [​IMG] my kids are high maintenance enough right now.

Do I need to freak out or just add some ACV to her water?

2. afj6710

afj6710 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2011
    Sorry, ella1989, I see that you just posted pretty much the same thing. Maybe this will get answers for both of us!

3. KiwiSasquatch

KiwiSasquatch New Egg

Jan 6, 2012
    We are experiencing same symptoms with one of ours as well - here are two sites that identify diseases, though I'm waiting on a friend's phone call to confirm that it is indeed Staphylococcus as I suspect. Treatment provides several options however, and main problem I see, if she isn't eating/drinking won't administering meds to her via food/water be problematic? Search University of Florida Extension - Common Poultry Diseases to find the charts I refer to, as brand new member I am not allowed to post urls it seems.

Here's hoping we cure our sick birds.

4. Leslieb118

Leslieb118 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2011
    Louisville
  5. KiwiSasquatch

KiwiSasquatch New Egg

Jan 6, 2012
    Indeed it is, cheers for that Leslieb118 - do have particular recommendations for which treatment approach to try for Staphylococcus?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by