Runny brown diarreah

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by SuziQ18, Jun 14, 2017.

1. SuziQ18

SuziQ18 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2017
    Pacoima, CA
    My Coop
    One of my pullets has been having runny brown diarrhea. I noticed this morning that there are red worm-like mucous "things" in it, that I thought might be little red worms. Read an article here that it may be stomach lining. I have been giving her yogurt, cooked rice, etc for the diarrhea but it has not helped to completely stop it. She drinks water fine, eats fine, very active, but a bit concerned about her stools. Leaving it to the more knowledgeable of you! Thanks so much for any info I can learn from you. Crazy Chicken Lady over and out!

2. Eggcessive

Eggcessive Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    That sounds a bit like intestinal shedding, but a picture may help. Has there been more than on dropping like that? Coccidiosis can cause runny droppings with mucus or blood. If she seems a little sleepy or weak, not eating well, stands around hunched or puffed up, then I would treat her and the others for coccidiosis with Corid ( amprollium) from a feed store. Dosage is 1 1/2 tsp of the powder or 2 tsp of Corid liquid per gallon of water for 7 days.

Wyorp Rock likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by