Runny nose

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Kathy1, Oct 27, 2008.

1. Kathy1

Kathy1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Errr, beak. It is clear and only from one of the two girls. Eating and drinking enough seems very healthy, Maybe this is the start of a cold? What can I do?

2. 77horses

77horses ◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    our 3-4 week old chick has the same thing. not sure what it is. she has a clear runny nose, and once and a while she sneezes. I asked earlier but no one has answered me(even though I asked last night; quite a while ago) [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Kathy1

Kathy1 Chillin' With My Peeps

well I hope someone answers us, I would rather treat her before it get worse.

I did search for it but there are other symptons mine doesnt have, like everything lol.
    I did see soemthing about polyvisol baby vitamins but I know nothing about them

4. basicliving

basicliving Keepin' the sunny side up

Mar 20, 2008
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    Yesterday I noticed that my favorite rooster had a runny nose - clear and watery. Scared me to death after reading about all these illnesses amongst chickens lately.

So I came to this forum and did a search on "runny nose" - it pulled up several pages, but I read through each and every one and by the 2nd page I found the answer. Search for "runny nose" and then read all of the threads it pulls up.

In my case, SpeckledHen explained that sometimes allergens, pollution, and other things in the air can cause a clear, watery discharge. I recalled that we had the wood stove burning and my rooster was in the smoke when I looked out the window, shortly before I discovered his nose was running. It was clear and very watery. After reading what SpeckledHen posted, I went back outside and the runny nose had cleared up.

I don't know the answer to your question, but searching on "runny nose" may give you a better idea. You just have to read through every posts on every thread.

Best of luck,
    Penny

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by