1. chickencrazy21

chickencrazy21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2012
    west covina california
    So the past couple days its been rsining off and on here in cali. Ii kept hearing an ocasional sneeze since it started raining. I know thats normal. Tonight as i was putting my chickens away (all diffrent ages) i picked up black beauty shes a black sex link so she has the barred rock look to her now but wheen we got her she was mainly black hencee black beauty. Anyways when i picked her up i noticed snot on her nose or nostrel or whatever the correct term is lol. Anyways i wiped it off. It was clearn and had some dirt in it. Is this normal? Shes acting fine just sneezes and has a runny nose. Keep in mind were low on the hay in there run so its mainly dirt right now. Its been raining but we have some tarps up so its not too bad but betweebn rain it hasnt reslly dried out. We made the newbie mistake and bought chickens befor building our coop. We do have one coop. The rest are in large dog crates and were building the coop when mom gets paid on friday. Things have been rough money wise latly like most ppl these days. But were hoping to work things out. The younger chickens will getthe coop first then the older ones woill get theres next month. We do cover them uup everynight and make sure they stay dry. They always have fresh food and water. Just lacking on the hay and proper home as of the moment but they dont seem to mind. We got in over our heads two chickens turned into four then one here and there from a breeder or the feed store and were now up to 28 chickens. Well ones a roster but acordinng to her adoption papers from niorco shelter shes a hen (check my other post for that info) anyways will black beauty be ok? I love my babies and we may be in over our head but dammed if we dont love all our babies. Sorry if i ramble i wanted to give as much info as possible. Btw none of the others are showing symptoms of a runny nose. Just ocasional sneezing. Thanks for the heklp!!!

2. chickencrazy21

chickencrazy21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2012
    west covina california
    can someone tell me if this is normal?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by