runny poo

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by tammybur, Apr 27, 2011.

1. tammybur

tammybur New Egg

Apr 9, 2011
    I have at least one girl who has runny poo. Is this a sign that something is wrong or does she just need more "treats" that are hign in protein etc. She seems to be doing fine other then this little problem.

Thanks,

Tammy

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Have you ever wormed your birds? you didn't mention her age either, yogurt or kefir or butter milk will help with upset stomach. But if she hasn't been wormed that could be the problem. And you don't have to see worms to have worms. [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 27, 2011
  3. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
  4. tammybur

tammybur New Egg

Apr 9, 2011
    Well we bought them at Tractor Supply Co. and one guy said they could be less then a week old and
    another guy told me they were on a day old. We have only had them for 3 weeks so they are 3-4 weeks old. As far as worming- I don't if TSC's supplier did the worming but I haven't done it. This is the first time we have had chicks so this is all new to me.

Thanks,

Tammy

5. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Quote:They are too young to have worms. Even if you've had them on soil...there's no way they can have worms, they are simply too young, even at 4 weeks old. You should only be feeding them chick starter/grower. The starter/grower has enough protein in it for them, no need to increase protein intake. Ensure that you provide freshwater for them at all times. Good luck.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by