runny poop dried on tail-feathers, limp comb

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by dixon44, Mar 11, 2013.

1. dixon44

dixon44 New Egg

Mar 11, 2013
    One of my americana hens weems to have taken ill, white runny poop dried on her vent feathers, comb seems limp and dark compared to her sisters and is uncharacteristically easy to catch. I cleaned off her vent feathers with warm water and put her back in the coop. Any cures? Thanks!!

2. m35a2siek

m35a2siek Out Of The Brooder

Feb 16, 2013
    I am having the same problem with one of my 2 day old chickens. It's a clear and white discharge. This same bird also could not walk for about 24 hours. Now it is getting around a little better but the discharge is very concerning. Please help.

3. dixie chick3

dixie chick3 New Egg

Mar 15, 2013
    very concerned for my 3 year old hen, she has been inactive, purple comb, nibbles and drinks very little but not much, hunched over and tail down, and when she walks its very slow, no eggs for 5 days....anyone have any ideas i can try?

4. melodie_a

melodie_a Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2010
    Sanford, NC
    Could she be egg bound?

5. dixon44

dixon44 New Egg

Mar 11, 2013
    I researched the symptoms and it looks like she had fowl cholera! i dispatched her this morning, she was getting worse....now for dispatching the rodents, which are one cause.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by