*Runny Poop*!!!HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by ChickyPooh, Jun 4, 2008.

1. ChickyPooh

ChickyPooh Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2008
    South GA
    Our chickens have been acting normal and seem to be eating well but when they poop its a dark yellow color and all watery. Only a few of the chickens are doing this. If this is something serious tell me, i don't want to loose any of my babies. PLZ HELP!!

2. hooligan

hooligan Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2007
    Arkansas
    How old are your chickens and has there been any change in their diet lately (treats. pellets etc)?

3. ChickyPooh

Jun 3, 2008
    South GA
    They're a little over 11 weeks old and we've been changing feed but its just different brands. The feed is still a grower. We give them bread as a treat every day to give them something to do in the hot weather.

4. hooligan

hooligan Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2007
    Arkansas
    Just switchign brands can cause an upset tummy, any change should be done gradually, but sometimes we just can't do that for one reason or another.
    If they aren't being lethargic or acting abnormal I would say they will have normal poops soon [​IMG]
    Is it all of them or just a few?

5. ChickyPooh

Jun 3, 2008
    South GA
    Most of them are doing that. We've lately been shopping at all different places trying to find the right price for feed (its not even funny how high the prices are nowadays) so we haven't always been able to get the same brand.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by