Runny poop - *pics*

AnimalsComeFirst

Songster
8 Years
Jun 6, 2011
Hugging a Chicken
94962_258.jpg

94962_pennys_runny_poop.jpg

I have 2 hens, one of them called Penny, my Buff Orpington... has recently been having very runny poops. In the past she has always had runny/non normal poops, but never this bad. She is acting extremely normal... eating and drinking well... walking around and sunbathing. She has scaly leg mites (I am treating her.)... but I don't think that has anything to do with it?
I know it is her because I have watched her several times do runny poops... I have watched the other hen Gloria lay normal poops.
She eats pellets, scratch and oyster shells... she has access to clean fresh water at all times and lives in a sanitary environment. We do feed them bread sprayed with olive oil each day... but olive oil is supposed to be good for them. Of course, we feed them other things, such as lettuce, apples, crackers, squash... anything leftover that is good enough for them to eat... not rotten or anything.

Any comments/advice on what to do to stop the runny poops?

Last edited:
Im so sorry about Penny. I've only had chickens for a short amount of time, but if you go online, you theres a website that shows u pics of normal and abnormal poo. I'm not so sure what it's called, but you could probally find it. Hope I helped.

Back
Top Bottom