Runny poop

Vicki B

Songster
7 Years
Jun 5, 2016
I have 4 Rhode island red hens. They are about 8 weeks old. I believe it is only 1 of them has yellow runny diarrhea. They are all eating and drinking well and have not had anything new. Just their medicated feed. I did give them a baked potato last week. Very small amount. She really just ate a little skin. This has been going in for about 4 days. She is behaving normal. I took a pic this morning. Thank you in advance

Here is the picturehttps://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/7448557/width/350
/height/700

The picture is not showing up on my tablet. Potato skins can be bad for them if the skin is green. Yellow runny droppings can be sign of coccidiosis, as well as bloody ones. If any look sleepy or lethargic, weak, hunched or puffed up, and are not eating, then I would get some Corid and treat for possible coccidiosis. If you have some plain yogurt, you can put a little in their feed, and mix in some water, to get some probiotics in them.

They all seem normal but I will try the yogurt. The skin was brown and cooked. I clean their coop every day. I use sand and it is very easy to scoop up.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom