Runny poop

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Kirstyaa, Apr 13, 2007.

1. Kirstyaa

Kirstyaa Out Of The Brooder

Apr 6, 2007
    Suffolk, England
    My 1-2 week old chick has had a couple bouts of runny poop. Kind of watery browny/orange colour, and its smelly. She has fresh clean plain water, but i have taken her food away for a little bit until i get some advice. She's been having normal chick food provided at the pet shop. I think its just standard chicken food ground up a bit.
    Is she ok? What shall i do?

2. SkeeredChicken

SkeeredChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2007
    Orlando, Florida
    From what I have heard, runny poop is a norm at some point in the day. For the most part, they have hardish poops, with the runny once or twice a day. They don't always have it nice and tight. I've found that out a few times [​IMG] Unless it's consistantly happening all the time, or more frequently than the norm, there's not much to worry about.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2007
  3. kittikatti69

kittikatti69 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 9, 2007
    NW Washington State
    I just came on to ask the same question. I noticed two really runny ones (one of which was on my WRIST... gee thanks Gabby!), like you describe in my 10 day old's tub. Glad to hear it's probably nothing to worry about.

4. Kirstyaa

Kirstyaa Out Of The Brooder

Apr 6, 2007
    Suffolk, England
    I took her food away for a couple hours and she's perfectly fine again now [​IMG] She was really cuddlely as well earlier, wanted to *snuggle* right up under my chin (i let her once i was sure she wasnt going to runny poop on me hehe [​IMG])

5. Acornewell

Acornewell Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2012
    LaOtto, Indiana
    Was getting on to ask the same. It happened this same time yesterday too! I will keep an eye on it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by