runny poop

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by cindye, Nov 4, 2013.

1. cindye

cindye Out Of The Brooder

Mar 28, 2013
    as i had posted before, we have 4 3yr. old rhode island reds. i just noticed one has the "snots" and runny poop. didnt see any blood. what do you think about a week of waizin in the water. dont see any worms or lice. thank you for advice

2. boskelli1571

boskelli1571 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 7, 2011
    Finger Lakes, NY
    Not sure about this - won't the wormer cause more diarrhea? If you're sure you didn't see any worms, I think I would 'wait & see' for a few days. You don't want the birds to get dehydrated, especially if they have the 'snots'. Sue

3. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Some birds just have runny droppings. I have a chicken that nearly always has runny droppings, and she's perfectly healthy otherwise. You can try giving your bird some probiotics, and see if that helps. Worming might be a good idea, too. Keep in mind that Wazine only kills roundworms, so if your bird has other types of worms, the Wazine won't cure her. Safeguard and Valbazen are two better dewormers.

4. cindye

cindye Out Of The Brooder

Mar 28, 2013
    thanks everybody. gonna give some plain greek yogurt. i did give a little garlic for the snots. some folks give this on a regular basis. i would be a little careful on too much. can cause anemia, especially in dogs. we give little garlic once a month for fleas. works like a charm and not as harmful as popular flea applications.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by