runny white poo

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Chickmano, May 21, 2010.

1. Chickmano

Chickmano Out Of The Brooder

Apr 12, 2010
    This was unusual and I'm wondering if it could have something to do with the amount of time my hens spent ransacking the strawberry patch yesterday. Our egg count has also been down lately, though...about 4 out of 7 for the last week or more. Any thoughts?

2. harewizard

harewizard Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2009
    Maryland
    Here is a link that may be helpful in dechipering: http://www.chat.allotment.org.uk/index.php?topic=17568.0

It may be the strawberries that have made their poo runny. The water content in strawberries may have given them the runs. (I believe the white is urine)As far as egg count, have you checked everywhere for eggs. If they free range, sometimes the girls lay outside the nestbox. Weather plays a big part also. Has it been rainy? Very Hot? How's the feed? Protein % enough? Have they had acess to water at all times? How many snacks/treats? Lots to think about. Could be anything...........[​IMG]

HTH,
    Lisa

3. Chickmano

Chickmano Out Of The Brooder

Apr 12, 2010
    They do free range a lot, and my neighbor recently found an egg under one of her bushes. (She got to keep it!). So they could be laying eggs where I can't find them...and the strawberries could explain the poo. Otherwise they all seem to be acting normal...plenty of spunk. I'll keep an eye on them and see if it was a one time thing. Thanks for the help!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by