1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Rural King "Amish" coop and assembly

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by ducks4you, Aug 16, 2015.

1. ducks4you

ducks4you Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2009
    East Central Illinois
    I am buying this coop this week, and assemble at home:
    http://www.ruralking.com/overez-chicken-coop.html
    No real problems, but I want opinions.
    1) Should I build it and leave the legs (feet) on the ground'
    OR
    2) Should I put bricks underneath the legs
    What is the best for drainage?
    I have a playhouse that I really wanted to take apart and move 50 foot towards to barn to use, but it was moved to a cement slab and the whole bottom has rotted out, although the roof is still in good condition.
    Any and all opinions welcome, ESPECIALLY from those of you who built your own and are reflecting.
    Thanks! =D

2. RRobbins

RRobbins New Egg

Oct 28, 2015
    Arkansas
    Hello. I was thinking about buying this same coop from Rural King. Did you end up buying it? Can you give me any advise on the pros and cons, what you like and don't like about it? From what I can see tell, it looks like a pretty nice coop, pretty big too for that price.

3. Dttar

Dttar New Egg

Mar 21, 2017
    Hi. I did purchase the overEZ large chicken coop from Rural King. Assembled it this weekend. I used cinder blocks under the legs.
    First time chicken owner, and they are too young to be out in the weather yet. what I can tell you is that it tales about as long to un-crate as it does to assemble. Once your ground is level. coop goes together EZ about forty minutes. it is very solid. looks great. if it functions as well as it is crafted, should be a great buy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by