RUSH!!! Sign Petition to make sale of Raw milk legal..... Ends soon

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by aurorarose25, Oct 16, 2011.

1. aurorarose25

aurorarose25 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2009
    Mesa, Az
    RUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey all I just got this petition about raw milk making it legal. Please sign this petition and send it to everyone you know. we need to get this baby going and any other threads anywhere post it. lets get this thing done.

This petition is to make raw milk legal for selling it and buying it.

http://wh.gov/gsp

Last edited: Oct 16, 2011
  2. duckluck

duckluck Dulcimyrh Ducks

Oct 22, 2009
    Illinois
    I sure hope it goes through...we DO NOT need the government telling us what we can and can't buy, especially in our own backyards.

3. Tressa27884

Tressa27884 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2011
    East Bay, Ca.
    If you didn't all ready do so, you may want to post the link on Backyard Herds...

Tressa

4. elevan

elevan Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Quote:Someone has already taken the time to post it properly on BYH. Thank you [​IMG]

5. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    Signed.

6. Jamie_Dog_Trainer

Jamie_Dog_Trainer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2008
    Washington State
    signed

7. punk-a-doodle

punk-a-doodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    Signed. Thanks for posting this.

8. FarmrGirl

FarmrGirl MooseMistress

Jul 1, 2009
    Southern Maryland
    Quote:Thanks for posting aurora! I'd love to see raw milk sales legalized so that I can CHOOSE! I've tweeted this out to all my followers and also posted to my facebook... hopefully it gets retweeted on down the line and this gets enough signatures [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 18, 2011
  9. Oregon Blues

Oregon Blues Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2011
    Central Oregon
    Internet petitions have absolutely no value whatsoever.

Nobody considers them valid, and, by the way, how are they getting to the government? Are they sent back to a central point for collection every time one is signed?

As far as I can tell, their only use is for collecting email addresses and names for spammers.

Legal petitions must have signers whose identity, age, voter registration status, and location are verifiable. Those petitions on the Internet can be signed by the same person over and over and over... just like ACORN does it.

Yes, when petitions have anything to do with legislation, signatures are verified to make sure real people signed and nobody signed multiple times.

Nobody is going to take your internet petition under consideration. Sign it if it makes you feel better, but don't mistakenly believe you are accomplishing anything.

10. punk-a-doodle

punk-a-doodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    For the most part regarding internet petitions, this is true. However, this particular website works under a specific set of rules and outcomes for petitions that you can view at various sources online, including the site linked. No, this does not mean that policy will change. But, it is a more formidable and official petition site (the 'we the people' section is a White House launched e-petition tool, and the privacy policy for the site states the limitations on what may be done with your personal info you provide) than many, which means it has more of a likelihood of getting people engaged on the topic, especially because of how it is designed to work (social networking). Assuming people sign their names and then do nothing, well yeah, not so effective. But, many of the people I meet interested in raw milk do much more than that in addition. I do wonder at the seemingly overly bitter tone in your post Blues.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by