Rush the Magnificent Roo

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by cactus-hen, Jan 13, 2010.

1. cactus-hen

cactus-hen Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2008
    Home to Roost
    Rush Limbaugh was a very good rooster. A true Americana Easter-Egger. Like his namesake, he had a compulsive attraction to fresh manure. Innately drawn to it, he would fearlessly assay those steaming piles and, if found worthy, issue a raucous benediction to convene his always hungry flock. That iconic behavior had earned him his name. But unlike his namesake, he was elseways a pretty good bird, steady and predictable, who called attention to himself only in selfless service, which made his recent behavior stand a bit proud.

2. GraceAK

GraceAK Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2009
    Eagle River, AK
    [​IMG]

3. cactus-hen

cactus-hen Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2008
    Mrs. McGurdy flew through her kitchen, her basket of yet undated eggs making a bumpy landing on the breakfast table as she navigated the shortest course about it towards her computer in the far corner of that room. Her 'Chicken People' had to hear about this.

She reached over the chair and lanced the 'on' button. With one eye locked on the morphing screen, she backed away to find, for her racing mind, sufficient maneuvering room to reconcile what she had seen with what she knew. Her hands brailed about some quest of their own.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by