1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

'Russian Rollers'

Discussion in 'Pigeons and Doves' started by FireTigeris, Nov 29, 2009.

1. FireTigeris

FireTigeris Tyger! Tyger! burning bright

Where would be a good place to find a mate for comet? He is trying to woo the blond Eurasian collard doves...

They were given to me free (all three of them) but Ican't fly them here way too many hawks.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Comet is the W & B

recently Steel changed to nearly blue-black and Rusty looks like a hawk (and nearly that size!)

THat's the coop that came with them, getting a new one built soon- that one has a flat roof- this is FL... it rains here.

2. Mary Of Exeter

Mary Of Exeter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Rowan County, NC
    I've seen some of those on eggbid.com before. Worth a try to check it out every once in a while [​IMG] Not sure if I saw them under that name or something else, but they were the same kind of birds.

3. Mary Of Exeter

Mary Of Exeter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Rowan County, NC
    Well there are Russian Tumblers, which aren't supposed to be double crested or nasal tufted. But, there are a lot of other tumblers that look close that came from the same general areas. One close match is the Uzbek Tumblers and Crack tumblers. http://eggbid.com/listings/details/index.cfm?itemnum=1259218840
    There's
    also Russian Tumblers on eggbid right now too, which I think are much prettier birds than the Uzbecks [​IMG]

4. chinbunny

chinbunny In a hutch

Aug 24, 2009
    Yep, check eggbid.com. Check your local county fairs in the fall to. In case any have any pigeon shows.

5. 95yj

95yj Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2009
    Central Vermont
    i'm not sure where you are or if your looking for M/F but i'v got some that you could check out if your local. it's cool to see someone else with the breed, it's not one of the more common tumbling breeds.

6. FireTigeris

I'm in FL looking for a female... Tumbler... Pigeon

Last edited: Dec 2, 2009
  7. 95yj

95yj Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2009
    Central Vermont
    haha, that probably wouldn't work so great then... unless you want to drive 500 miles for a couple of pigeons... i'd look for local shows and swaps

8. truecolorsloft

truecolorsloft Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2009
    campton NH
    LOL! I have a yellow russian but no cock in NH [​IMG]

9. FireTigeris

Don't know if he's got good genes or not- he's just lonely...

10. Keith C.

Keith C. Out Of The Brooder

Apr 5, 2009
    Dayton, Ohio.
    The first two look like English Trumpeters.
    I have some black and white mottled and pied ones.
    Keith

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by