Rustic feather wedding!(: we need your help!

BrookeMartyBoss

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jan 2, 2013
Hey everyone!:) my fiancé and I are planning our wedding for October and it gonna be rustic themed in a huge red barn with mason jars and twine and lace..... Just wayyy too much to even post! But he is a HUGE chicken fan! I mean... Huge! He has tattoos of a hen on one thigh and a rooster on the other! (Which is also a funny bar joke..." Wanna see my cock?" And he shows his rooster on his thigh!) oh how I love him :p but anyways!! Our wedding is also going to be feather themed, chicken feathers, turkey feathers, guinea feathers, FEATHERS FEATHERS FEATHERS!! Our save the date invitations are going to be in front of a barn with him holding a rooster, me holding a hen & at the bottom it'll say SAVE, then the next picture will be him laughing at me because the hen is flapping it's wings and going crazy (which is just gonna be soooo much fun on my part :p ) it'll say "the date" at the bottom& chicken feed spelling out our wedding date at the very bottom with chickens walking around & HOPEFULLY eating the feed! Fingers crossed!! We want white feathers down the aisle that ill be walking down and brown and different colored feathers through out our reception! Here's where you guys come in!:) if you have any feathers that are nice and you'd like to donate to our wedding that'd be AMAZING! As long as they aren't bad looking we would love to use them and also send you pictures afterwards to show you how you made our wedding possible! Please email me if you are interested in helping us, [email protected] . Ill give you mailing info after you message me:)
Thank you for reading and we hope to hear from you,
Brooke & Marty Boss

What a unique idea for your wedding!

I will start collecting feathers and see if I can get enough to help and to justify shipping costs.

You need to specify exactly what you want. You said "Not bad looking" but you need to explain that specifically because it is very much open to interpretation. I will assume you want clean, poop free feathers. I realize you stated white feathers, but do you want all white or mostly white, and which feathers? Flight feathers (long and straight with hard, quill like shafts,) Tail feathers (longer and curved) or do you only want the curved body feathers with lots of fluffy down along the shaft?

Have you tried your local processor? They toss the feathers, I think. I will let you know if I am able to collect enough to help. Guinea feathers would be cool, take a look at those online.

Good luck!

@wisher1000 thank you:) well honestly as long as they are poop free we will take whatever feathers we can! We are going to buy some white flight or tail feathers. But for decoration we want as many as we can get:) I have not tried our local processor yet because we jussstttt got our theme but that's a great idea! Ill try that too! My fiancés grandmother is going to collect her guinea feather, I agree, they are so pretty!!

I think this is going to be so cute!! PLEASE KEEP US UPDATED WITH PICTURES. I wish I had someth to help out :-( I will spread the word thougn

Last edited:
What size of feathers do you need? I have a bunch of little ones.
hide.gif

I can try to help you out, but my chickens are pretty much the muddiest things ever. they are like pigs, mud puddles, yay! fun for all.
when somebody decided to be clean i will possible send you a few.
thumbsup.gif

I pick up all of my feathers. If they are dirty I wash and dry them. Right now I have barred rock (black & white) red sex link( reddish brown) Jersey Giant rooster feahers ( Blue Black) If you can use any of these let me know. I will send you what I have now and more as I get them. I use some of them in floral arrangements and have vases of just feathers around the house. Sounds like a great idea for your wedding decorations. Glad to help if I can.
PM me with your address if these will help.
DEB

I wash my feathers, and dry them. Then sort them into color/breed "groups".

I have buff silkie feathers, blue silkie, black silkie, buff orpington, tri color, small black, medium black, and large black feathers. PM me if any of these would help you.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom