???'s for D'Uccle breeders

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by bockbock2008, Jan 19, 2010.

1. bockbock2008

bockbock2008 Why do they call me crazy??

Dec 30, 2008
    Southwest Indiana
    I have a pair of Mille fleur and a trio of golden necks. I also have 3 porcelin hens but no rooster. Would I be better off putting the hens in with the mille fleurs or the goldens. And what would the chicks be with either. OR, do I not put them in with either so I can tell which eggs are true varieties of each and not get any fertile eggs from the porcelins?

2. Mary Of Exeter

Mary Of Exeter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Rowan County, NC
    I don't think it matters, all three colors are related. Porcelain is mille fleur but with blue instead of buff. And golden neck I THINK (if I remember right) is a blue mille fleur but with two blue genes.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
  3. fancbrd4me02

fancbrd4me02 Chillin' With My Peeps

If you are going to put them in with any, put the porcelains in with the millies. Maybe you can get a porcelain roo from someone on this site

4. bockbock2008

bockbock2008 Why do they call me crazy??

Dec 30, 2008
    Southwest Indiana
    Quote:Thats what I was thinking. Thanks

5. Madcap621

Madcap621 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 30, 2009
    Middle Tennessee
    Hi BockBock,

How close/far are you from the middle TN state line? I have 2 Porcelain D'Uccle chicks, 2 weeks old. If one or both end up cockerels, they wll have to be re-homed & may be available unless the breeder wants them back. We might be able to work a swap, cockerel for millie eggs [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by