S. NJ - Blue/Splash Silkie Chicks Available - All Chicks SOLD Thanks!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by goldensunriseranch, Jul 4, 2008.

1. goldensunriseranch

goldensunriseranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    Mays Landing NJ
    Hi! I hatched out more chicks than I needed so I thought I'd see if anyone in south jersey needed silkie chicks. These are Blue & Splash, photos of the parents below. I could fill a request for about 6-8. $5 each straight run, and I am available this Sunday for a pickup. We are in zip 08330. - SOLD
    I also have a frizzle bantam cochin pair. Looks like a blue frizzle cockerel and a black smooth pullet. $10 for the pair. - SOLD
    And I have what looks like a trio of grey silkies, $25 for the trio. I cannot guarantee gender however. SOLD Pick up only.
    Thanks! Michelle

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 15, 2008
  2. barbara826

barbara826 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 9, 2008
    Hi There! Are your chicks still available? Do you ever travel toward central NJ at all?

3. goldensunriseranch

Jul 1, 2007
    Mays Landing NJ
    I did sell some of the blue/splash, I do have some left but would need to do a head count between the one's I'm keeping and the one's I'm letting go of. I probably have about 3 or 4 extras. The grey trio is still available. And I still have a pair of smooth/frizzle cochins and a couple of buff showgirls. I'm sorry my travel is VERY limited right now since I have a new baby and 2 other children. The furthest I go is my in-laws in Mantua, which is zip 08051.
    Thanks

4. barbara826

Jul 9, 2008
    How old are the chicks now? I would probably be interested in some of them if you could hold on to them until I go down to my parents house. I'm located in Sussex County and they are in Union County. I mapquested from Union County and your in-laws are only about 1 1/2 away from there so it would break up the trip (I have two small children too!). I should be going to Linden sometime in the next two weeks if you could wait until then. And let me know if you have any splash left to sell. I really want them too! Thanks!!

5. goldensunriseranch

Jul 1, 2007
    Mays Landing NJ
    The blue/splash silkie ones range in age from a couple days old to a couple weeks old. I'll be able to see how many are blue and how many are splash tomorrow. My splash hen is raising most of them and a majority of the time they are all hiding under her! The cochin pair is I think about a month old now? It looks like a blue frizzle cockerel and a black smooth pullet. I will have to look again and see if they've changed any. I am bad at keeping notes on hatch dates. The greys look like a trio and those are about 2 months old. By size they really look like 2 pullets and a cockerel. I could hold them, just let me know exactly which breed, color and how many you might like and I can hang onto those for you. Do you know if you would be traveling on a weekday or a weekend? I can always plan a trip up and take the kids swimming at my in-laws, Sunday is generally the easiest day since I can then highjack my husband to come with me and handle the kids too. Thanks Michelle

6. goldensunriseranch

Jul 1, 2007
    Mays Landing NJ
    Oh I forgot about the showgirls, not sure if you were interested in those or not, but those are probably about a month old also. Approx the same age as the cochins.
    Thanks! Michelle

7. barbara826

Jul 9, 2008
    Hi! Yes, I am interested in the buff showgirls, the grey trio and if you have up to 6 or 8 splash chicks, I will take those as well. I can plan a trip with the kids to my parents house for July 19 and 21 and meet you on Sunday, July 20 if that works for you? Also, you mentioned a blue frizzle cockerel -- can he be shown? I don't know what the standards are for frizzles. I have a white frizzle cock and I love him, but I'm looking for chickens my kids can show. If he can be, I will take him too. Thanks, Barbara.

8. goldensunriseranch

Jul 1, 2007
    Mays Landing NJ
    Ok, Will check on how many chicks I have and what colors they are and get back to you. I currently do not show my frizzles, I do believe they can be shown but I don't really know much on 4-H, I'm focusing right now on showing my pygmies and the birds are more for fun. The parents are out of very nice show quality lines however so they are quite typey birds. The 20th shouldn't be a problem. In order to hold them though I require a paypal to kind of lock it in. I've had too many issues of holding birds and either people don't ever show or they tell me at the last minute that they changed their mind. But don't send anything until I can confirm the # of chicks I have and if they are the correct color. Of course if something happens to any of the chicks in the meantime I would refund you. Thanks! Michelle

9. goldensunriseranch

Jul 1, 2007
    Mays Landing NJ
    I did a head count, PM'd you.
    Thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by