rooster brandon.

Songster
9 Years
Sep 10, 2010
Kodak, by knoxville
67522_235.jpg

67522_230.jpg

67522_228.jpg

This guy was selling them for 5 dollars because he was getting out of some chickens is this game?

The rooster in the first picture is an American Game Fowl. I am not sure which variety (Hatch, Kelso, etc.); I am not that familiar with game fowl. The rooster in the second picture I think is a Redcap. If so they are very different breeds.

Oh and for 5 dollars more he through in a well he bought it and dude told him it might be a brown leghorn but its way to big for that i will take a pic tomorrow but he has a game chicken that looks just like it but you really cant tell by looks.......but she is to big for a leghorn.........

Brandon, if he is in your yard anywhere near your other chickens, he is in your flock. Isolation means just that-isolation. As you have already learned many chicken diseases are airborne. Hopefully you have not added more to your flock. If you continually add chickens to your flock, you will never correct the health problems your chickens have been facing.

Quote:
I'd say cross too, especially for five dollars. Even if people are just wanting to get rid of them, they're at least 10-15 a stag (though some do give them away).

-Daniel

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom