s this game and if so what breed?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by rooster brandon., Nov 25, 2010.

1. rooster brandon.

rooster brandon. Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2010
    Kodak, by knoxville
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This guy was selling them for 5 dollars because he was getting out of some chickens is this game?

2. rooster brandon.

Sep 10, 2010
    Kodak, by knoxville
    [​IMG]
    this looks just like him but mine is younger so his comb aint as big...... just so you know this aint my rooster mine just kinda looks like him.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2010
  3. kentuckysilkies

kentuckysilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2007
    Winchester Kentucky
    The rooster in the first picture is an American Game Fowl. I am not sure which variety (Hatch, Kelso, etc.); I am not that familiar with game fowl. The rooster in the second picture I think is a Redcap. If so they are very different breeds.

4. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Actually the bird looks like a game cross. Did you quarantine him before adding him to your flock?

5. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Looks like an American Gamefowl of sorts, either purebred or cross. (or just poor quality)

6. rooster brandon.

Sep 10, 2010
    Kodak, by knoxville
    Quote:oh hes not going in my flock we have him in our custom made doghouse with a run.............

7. rooster brandon.

Sep 10, 2010
    Kodak, by knoxville
    Oh and for 5 dollars more he through in a well he bought it and dude told him it might be a brown leghorn but its way to big for that i will take a pic tomorrow but he has a game chicken that looks just like it but you really cant tell by looks.......but she is to big for a leghorn.........

8. Robo

Robo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2010
    Knoxville,TN
    It looks like a game cross to me.

9. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Brandon, if he is in your yard anywhere near your other chickens, he is in your flock. Isolation means just that-isolation. As you have already learned many chicken diseases are airborne. Hopefully you have not added more to your flock. If you continually add chickens to your flock, you will never correct the health problems your chickens have been facing.

10. DTchickens

DTchickens Overrun With Chickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    Quote:I'd say cross too, especially for five dollars. Even if people are just wanting to get rid of them, they're at least 10-15 a stag (though some do give them away).

-Daniel

Last edited: Nov 26, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by