1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Sabine Valley Egg Mash Pellet 20% manufactured in Greenville,TX

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by Emptywagon2, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Emptywagon2

Emptywagon2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2011
    North East Texas
    Has anyone heard anything about this food? Our local feed store sell 50 lbs for around $10.

Guaranteed Analysis

Crude Protein- (min) 20.0%
    Lysine-(min) 0.95%
    Methionine- (min) 0.27%
    Crude Fat- (min) 3.0%
    Crude Fiber- (max) 7.0%
    Calcium-(min) 3.4%
    Calcium-(max) 3.9%
    Phosphorous-(min) 0.7%
    Salt-(min) 0.8%
    Salt-(max) 1.2%

What do ya think?? Good Food?

2. HEChicken

HEChicken Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    BuCo, KS
    My Coop
    I haven't heard of that brand. In addition to the nutritional analysis, what is the ingredients list?

My local feed store sells a local brand of layer pellets that also has 20% protein. Right now, with several girls in a hard molt, I figure the extra protein compared to some of the bigger name brands, might help them out. Also, the thing I like most about the local feed is that the source of protein is animals vs. the soy that most of the others use. The salt content in yours looks a little high compared to mine, which has a min. of .25% and a max of .5%, though I am no expert on that. The calcium content of mine is also slightly higher. Other than that, the analysis of yours looks similar to mine. I've had my flock on it for 3 bags now and they seem to be doing fine.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by