1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Sablepoot bantams??????????

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by gobblygoo, May 18, 2011.

1. gobblygoo

gobblygoo New Egg

Apr 10, 2011
    What's the deal with Sablepoot bantams here in the US? I keep seeing these beautiful Lemon Mille Fleur bantams on the net and no matter what they are all from the UK. Do we call them something different here in the states? I know about the D'uccles but the Sablepoots seem to be a bit different ( not bearded?) I feel a bit ignorant about these guys and thought somebody on here would know the scoop on them.

2. Poultry Friend

Poultry Friend Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2012
    Reviving this since I would love to know more about this breed too, and if anyone has them!

3. Katesklucks

Katesklucks Out Of The Brooder

Aug 1, 2012
    England
    My Coop
    Hi, I have one her name is Cookie;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you would like to know anything please let me know.

4. Poultry Friend

Poultry Friend Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2012
    Are they common in the UK? I would love to see if there are any in the US, but if not, I might (when I have an extra $500 or so) be interested in importing some eggs.

5. Katesklucks

Katesklucks Out Of The Brooder

Aug 1, 2012
    England
    My Coop
    To be honest I can't give you much info past temperament and stuff like that.

They are sometimes known as Booted Bantams. Maybe try searching that?

Maybe I will be better equipped to answer later on in the year but, apart from spending an hour a day with my chickens, I'm still only almost at one month of having chickens you see.

:)

6. cazzzyboy

cazzzyboy Out Of The Brooder

Jul 6, 2011
    iv just hatched 1 and cant wait to see it grown. Im from uk and there seems to be plenty of them around. porcelain,lemon,gold, white, milflour etc. they are known as booted bantams along with many other breeds like pekins etc i think but seem to lay a decent egg (only as from where it came from)!! if i learn any more i shall let you know!! ;)

7. TNBlacktails

TNBlacktails Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2012
    Union County Tennessee
    shes a beautiful lil gal

8. laseterlass

laseterlass Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2011
    Anchorage Alaska
    I have a pair. They came with my D'uccle babies. They are MillieFluer in color. At this time, Winter, Poot and his Missus are in with Milton and his harem but I plan to seperate them come Spring. If they breed true, as I have no idea how they came to be, I can ship eggs from Alaka.

9. laseterlass

May 13, 2011
    Anchorage Alaska
    [​IMG] The pulet is a seabright mix. His miiaus is hanging elsewhere. He is huddled up because its about 2030 degrees

10. laseterlass

May 13, 2011
    Anchorage Alaska
    [​IMG] A better picture of my rooster.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by