SacCityChickens

SacCityChickens

In the Brooder
7 Years
Mar 31, 2012
Sacramento Ca
Hello, SacCityChickens here!
I live in Sacramento California & it just became legal to have chickens in the city.
My wife & I decided to get a couple of chickens.
I gated-off a corner of my backyard, to keep our dog out, & bought a simple 4x8 coop from craigslist. The lady I bought the coop from also sold me a couple of young layers. One RIR, & one Barred Rock.
We've had them for 4 days, & they have both started laying. The Red has layed 3 eggs in 3 days & the Rock just layed her first! I'm sooo stoked! This is hella fun!
Thanks guy's, it was very helpfull finding this site.
I'll take a few pictures as soon as it quits raining.
We love our girls!

Last edited:
WelcometoBYC.gif

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. This is a great site, I'm so gload I found BYC!

It's stopped raining so here's a few pics of "Rosey" & "Rocky" in their chicken yard.
I just had to move my camper a little foreward & installed some 6' chain link gates between my garage & 7' wood fence. Their coop was made from recycled materials & has hardware cloth for protection. I've burried some wire around the outside also, to discurage digging under. I have a hanging feeder & water'er.
The 3 eggs in a row are Rosey's & the single is Rockies!
Thanks again, I've learned so much here!

Rocky

Rosey

Thanks, having chickens has been a lot of fun, so far.
It was easy to make a chicken yard, by hanging two pre-made 6' chain link gates. This gives them a 12'x18' outdoor yard.
I have a 7' fence all around my house & soon I will be free rangeing them in my entire yard.
Here's a couple more pic's of their coop, inside & out.
Thanks so much

Back
Top Bottom