1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

sack hanging out?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by chichek, Nov 10, 2013.

1. chichek

chichek Out Of The Brooder

Sep 4, 2013
    iv google this on the net and found something called cloaca prolapse... I don't think its tht, but I need to find out asap, before anything goes to far or incase its hurting her.
    iv noticed that when I pick her up there's this fleshy ball shaped sack like thing hanging out, but when I put her back down it goes back in, and I noticed this happens when she poo's, iv never noticed it before, I wanna to know what it is, she seems healthy, buta ew days ago she just stood under a tree without moving sort of hunched up, her tail wasn't down or anything and she's pretty healthy overall, no little critters running in her feathers, no coughing (except the occasional normal cogh they all do now and then) she eats well, I cant bare anything bad happening to my babies lol,.. so please hellpp

2. Eggcessive

Eggcessive Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    1 person likes this.
  3. chichek

chichek Out Of The Brooder

Sep 4, 2013
    thanks for the info, i'll deffinatley be keeping a carful eye on them, better safe than sorry!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by