Sacramento area Coop and Run

PSU3441

Hatching
Dec 22, 2018
Hello, I'm new to the forum and have just started out with some chicks here in the Sacramento suburbs. We plan to keep about 6 hens in our backyard. I'm struggling to find a coop and run online that looks quality and large enough for the hens. Seems like they all have bad reviews and do not last. Any online suggestions??
-OR- Does anyone know of any builders in the Sacramento area that can build a secure pen with a roof or a combination coop and run? Thanks !

Hmm, I know of a coop builder north of you a ways. I'm not affiliated, and actually have not even used his coops but they look adorable and I do know one couple who bought one and have been happy with it for a few years now. Of course, they only keep 3-4 hens at a time.

Edited to add: they do not come with a run, you would have to do that part yourself.

Hello, I'm new to the forum and have just started out with some chicks here in the Sacramento suburbs. We plan to keep about 6 hens in our backyard. I'm struggling to find a coop and run online that looks quality and large enough for the hens. Seems like they all have bad reviews and do not last. Any online suggestions??
-OR- Does anyone know of any builders in the Sacramento area that can build a secure pen with a roof or a combination coop and run? Thanks !
Welcome to BYC!
Might try asking here:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/california-northern.25/page-6816

Not many prefab coops are well built or well designed.
Even getting someone to build one for you, best to have a good plan and make sure they follow it.

All of those prefab coops online are terrible and won't hold up for you very well. Best to repurpose or convert a shed and build a run. My husband built a great coop and run for me in our backyard orchard here in Roseville.

I'm in Sac County. I built mine from recycled siding and an old fence. There are places online that build and deliver what seem like quality coops, but they are expensive! Check Craigslist. You might find one you like for sale. Or you might find an old shed or play house you can convert.

I paid, like, a gazillion dollars for a run my hubby found online. I should have gotten a chain link dog kennel and predator proofed it myself. Live and learn!

And welcome to BYC, neighbor!
:frow

Back
Top Bottom