1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Sad Bad Day Please advise - Graphic Photos!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Blueroo63, Feb 26, 2009.

1. Blueroo63

Blueroo63 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2009
    N.Texas
    if your doing a swap with some one and you send them 2 bboxs to mail you 4 birds please insit that they not try and save themsevles a few dollars and only use 1 box,please be warned to the following pics are not pretty and I now sit here with 1 bird instead of 4 to start my flock with,and please tell me what would you do.I was hatching B.C.Marans and Wheaton Marans to ship him for the swap
    should I feel obligated [​IMG] finally though I had my BLRW [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

edited title for graphic content

I AM so SORRY FOR HOW GRAPIC AND SAD THESE PHOTO"S ARE JUST REALLY FELT I SHOULD SHARE AND GET SOME ADVICE PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR THE OFFIAL PICS

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2009
  2. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    Oh, those poor birds! [​IMG]

3. newnanchic

newnanchic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2008
    Newnan, Georgia
    They sent all 4 of those birds in that 1 little box ?? I would definetly let them see for them selves what they did and I would hope he would not expect you to give him live healty chics for that mess. Good luck and I am so sorry. But I would send him pictures !!!

4. Laskaland

Laskaland ThE gRoOvY cHiCkEn

Aug 2, 2008
    Nebraska
    I think I would have contacted them before posting on BYC.....
    I'm sorry things didn't work out. Maybe t hey were thinking the body warmth would help. Bad time of the year to be shipping live birds anyway. I hope they were healthy when they left the breeders home. I guess I would ask for a refund.
    Good Luck
    Christina

5. Blueroo63

Feb 8, 2009
    N.Texas
    I have sent them pics and talk to them on the phone already
    which I was crying my eye's out at the time so he's going to call me back tonight to see what I'm going to send him

6. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    Ok so what was the deal with him?he still has one of your box so he can still send more.ship him eggs for the amount of one chicken unless the insurance covers the loss.
    Also looks like one chicken broke its neck and there is blood inside the box.....Or im looking at it wrong....

Last edited: Feb 26, 2009
  7. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Quote:how about the dead birds back?

8. Blueroo63

Feb 8, 2009
    N.Texas
    the box is full of blood and yes he does have the put box ,and he does'nt have an incubator

9. Black Feather

Black Feather Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2007
    Good grief....how long were they in transit for?

A dead chicken does you no good so I would only compensate for the value of one live bird if it survives.

Maybe ask a vet to do an autopsy to see what they died of. Rough handling during shipping, over crowding, lack or air, smothering etc.

Ask him for your box back, preferably with two replacement chickens in it.

UC

Last edited: Feb 26, 2009
  10. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I am not sure I would feel obligated to send him anything. You sent him two boxes for a reason. That is just horrible. Those poor birds. Why would you want to ship chicks to someone who would do that? Just my opinion.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by