Sad but Funny!!

shesaredroan

Songster
9 Years
May 7, 2010
south of Fort Worth, Texas
My rural mail carrier takes such good care of my shipped eggs, she always calls just before she gets to my gate, so I can meet her to pick them up right away. I always give her a doz eating eggs when she brings me hatching eggs.
Last week she told me about one of her chicken experiences that happened a while back.

One of the family dogs had killed a chicken, her husband tried the 'tie the dead bird around the dog's neck' thing. The family went to town and was gone for a while. When they got home, all of the dogs came running to greet them BUT the chicken killer. Linda saw him lying down in the yard, but when she called him, he wouldn't come???? He acted as if he was stuck to the ground?!?!?!
When she walked over to see what was going on........she discovered the dog had buried the dead bird, while it was still tied to his neck.
We laughed til tears ran down our cheeks.
sad.png
Sad but funny
lol.png

Quote:
Some people believe the way to stop a dog from killing small animals is to take the creature they've just killed, tie it around the dog's neck....... make the dog wear it until it smells really bad and decomposes.
I've heard of this method since I was a child, but have never seen it done.........always wondered if it was just a myth.

Quote:
Some people believe the way to stop a dog from killing small animals is to take the creature they've just killed, tie it around the dog's neck....... make the dog wear it until it smells really bad and decomposes.
I've heard of this method since I was a child, but have never seen it done.........always wondered if it was just a myth.

I could never do this with a dog around here, the smell of rotting flesh is one thing that will make me puke every time.

Never made sence to me anyway cause most dogs love to roll in dead stuff when given a chance.

Back
Top Bottom