Sad chicken day ....Stressfull horse day .

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by unionwirewoman, Jan 21, 2008.

1. unionwirewoman

unionwirewoman Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2007
    Kalispell , MT
    I got home from work today and did my normal thing , go into house , drop off lunch box , get egg carton and head to the chicken coop . When I opened the door , my heart dropped . My favorite barred rock was dead ,laying in the middle of the coop . I don't know what happened , she was fine this morning , no blood , discharge , nothing . S o brokenheartedly after feeding and watering the chickens , I went to feed the horses . I could'nt believe my eyes when I saw what happened ! The horses had gotten into the hay and had one side of the stack drug down (Yes I know it was too close , and i told my SO that last summer and he insited it would be ok . The fence we have is only 4' high and it's electric . Again yes I know it is not what I wanted either , but SO said his dad has had horses and cows for 40 yrs on this property and hasn't had a problem ) Anyway , I tried to figure out where SO put all the fencing supply so I could block them off from the stack . After finally finding it ( I don't know why he keeps moving everything ) I rigged up a temp. fence only to find out that the electric fencer wasn't working . So I had to walk the 20 acre pasture to find out where the fence was grounded out . We have 3-4 ' snow here and half of the walk is uphill ....Oh and it's -10 degrees out . after 2 and a half hours outside I was finally done . Now I can mourn my sweet BR Fiona . [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

I'm so sorry about Fiona. It's hard when you lose a favorite. [​IMG]

Hugs to you!

3. Fancy Feather Poultry

Fancy Feather Poultry Cooped Up

May 30, 2007
    Im so sorry I feel your pain [​IMG]

4. thndrdancr

thndrdancr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    Oh, I am so sorry to hear.

Hugs to you and you are in my thoughts.

Jill

5. johnnyjack

johnnyjack Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2007
    usa
    .bet ur ready for spring.im so ready for warm weather. sorry to here of ur loss.

6. cockadoodlemom

cockadoodlemom Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2007
    Texas
    So sorry [​IMG]
    Teresa

7. jeaucamom

jeaucamom Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2007
    Ophir, CA
    [​IMG] my goodness what a terrible afternoon. I'm so sorry you lost your hen. That's just heart breaking! I'm praying you'll find peace and comfort.

8. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    so sorry [​IMG]

9. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Im so sorry you had a terrible afternoon, and lost a favorite hen. On the bright side....now you can tell your SO, YOU WAS RIGHT! haha!

10. Omeletta

Omeletta Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2007
    Alberta, Canada
    Sorry to hear about your loss. It sure can be hard...the little buggers really are easy to love :aww

Tanya

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by