sad day..accidental puppy death

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by GUIENALADY, Jun 16, 2008.

1. GUIENALADY

GUIENALADY Rest in Peace 1956-2010

May 1, 2007
    Belvidere nc
    [​IMG] earlier this afternoon one of the puppys was accidently killed...dh crushed one of the boys heads under his chair when he sat down... [​IMG]

unfortunatley they love to play under his rocker recliner....he was tired and didn't look first. it was his favorite. [​IMG]:

blame myself too...had been aiming to put a thick book under the back so when he flops in the chair it wouldn't hit the floor in the back...theire is now a nice thick book back there.

also think i will get him a recliner that don't rock! [​IMG]

2. Pinenot

Pinenot Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2007
    I feel your pain! I am soooo sorry!

3. Barnyard

Barnyard Addicted to Quack

Aug 5, 2007
    Southwest Georgia
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Oh no. I am so sorry that this happened. Accidents happen, please don't beat yourself up...... [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. GUIENALADY

GUIENALADY Rest in Peace 1956-2010

May 1, 2007
    Belvidere nc
    thank you all for your symphathy. no won't beat myself or dh up...much. [​IMG] . i accidently did about the samething a couple of years ago.....puppy playing in bedroom...i am making the bed and step down as on runs up under my foot...[​IMG]

one or the other of us has accidently put down a cockatiel apeice over the years. unfortunately bad things happen....

5. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    A similar thing happened to our puppy when we were younger, only our situation involved a puppy running underfoot at the same time my dad was dropping a firewood log that was too heavy for him to lift...

Accidents do happen... Don't beat yourself up over it too much as you're not alone. I know it hurts though; I'm sorry for your loss.

6. CathyB

CathyB Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    PA
    [​IMG]I am so sorry for the loss of the puppy. RIP little guy

7. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] I am so so sorry! when my dog was a puppy, she would hide under the sofa, and one time, i forgot to check, and closed the chair, and she yelped. I was soo scared that I killed her. luckly she just yelped because she was scared. accidents happen.

Tell your husband I am so so sorry, and it wasnt his fault. [​IMG]

8. chickfillhay

chickfillhay Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2007
    Berlin Nh
    I am so terribly sorry for your loss! And the way that it happened too! A true freak accident! I mean, WHO KNEW? I pray that you and your dh get through this ok. I am sorry....so sorry! :aww [​IMG]

9. CrowinKing

CrowinKing Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    So sorry to hear about your loss!! Puppies like to lay in the dumbest spots!!! Keep your chins up!!

10. Theda's Mom

Theda's Mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    Moscow TN
    Oh, how awful! We've had similar accidents, and they're heartbreaking.
    sep

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by