Sad day at my house. Sad story

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by blitz1027, Jul 14, 2011.

1. blitz1027

blitz1027 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2011
    Natchitoches
    Yesterday and last night were sad days at my house. We had a Buff Silkie named Snoop Dogg that was about 8 months old start getting sick the first of the week. She would just lay around was nowhere near as active as my other Silkie and just kinda waddled around like she was walking on her legs instead of her feet. We started feeding vitamins to try to help her out but she just kept getting worse. After a day or two I noticed that when she tried to walk she would take about two step and fall on her side. She did this for about two days before she stopped trying to walk at all. She stopped eating and she stopped drinking and she was struggling just to breathe. So after about a week suffering my poor Snoop Dogg is no more. My little sister cried half the night. She loved that bird and so did I. I'm gonna miss that bird.

2. Keltara

Keltara Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm so sorry Zack. That is really sad. It is always so sad to lose a loved animal, and clearly you did all you could to save her. [​IMG] Hugs to you and your sister both.

3. Urban Chaos

Urban Chaos Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2011
    Austin
    [​IMG]

I'm so sorry. We've been through the losses and it always hurts.

4. flowergirl60

flowergirl60 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2011
    Austin Tx
    Oh I am so sorry. RIP Snoop Dogg.[​IMG]

5. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

So sorry [​IMG] about your little silkie... give your sister a hug from us too [​IMG]

6. bufforp89

bufforp89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2009
    Chenango Forks NY
    [​IMG] love the name though lol

7. blitz1027

Feb 10, 2011
    Natchitoches
    Yeah we gonna miss her. We told my sister that her name was Snoop Dogg as a joke so she wouldn't name her fluffy or goldy.

8. Memphisjourney2seramas

Memphisjourney2seramas Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2011
    it might have been Mareks. Keep a close eye on your other birds.

9. blitz1027

Feb 10, 2011
    Natchitoches
    Quote:What should I watch for specifically?

10. snyd08

snyd08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2011
    any signs or symptoms the other one expressed... if it shows in this one you may have an issue. i try not to get attached to the little ones until maybe they have feathered out and are less vulnerable... it can be hard. sorry for your loss. hope your other birds do fine.. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by