Sad Day - Chickens have been sold...

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by salon, Mar 25, 2008.

1. salon

salon Out Of The Brooder

Jan 29, 2008
    Southern Maryland
    Hi everyone - I'm dropping my 4 red hens and three baby chick off this afternoon. For the past three years, we have really enjoyed our fresh eggs and pet chickens, but due to a cranky new neighbor, we now have to sell them all.

After these are dropped off, I will only be left with 6, 6-week old pullets (someone has expressed an interest in them) and the young roosters which will eventually go into the freezer.

I can't tell you how difficult this has been for us. We have a lovely home and a lovely 3 acres, but will eventually be moving because of this. Even my hubby who never really liked the chickens is sad and willing to move.

Going forward I plan to live vicariously off all of your chicken posts, until we can move to a place more suitable for our interests.

I'm glad you are all here.

2. newnanchic

newnanchic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2008
    Newnan, Georgia
    CRABBY neighbors!!! They should just enjoy the work of the LORD!!!! Chickens are here for a reason... I hope you find your dream home and have lots of babies!!!!

3. Rte.66_chicks

Rte.66_chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2008
    Kingman, AZ
    That is just not right!! You have 3 acres and still have to give in to the demands of a rotten neighbor?? You have my deepest sympathy.

4. SandyC

SandyC Chillin' With My Peeps

What a brainless #*$&%^#$&#~~!!!!!

I have 12 acres and the village tried to tell me I couldn't have t hem, but I found a loophole in their silly regulations!

Well, I hope the move comes soon and you find something even BETTER!!!!

5. KrisRose

KrisRose Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2007
    Davison, MI.
    So sorry for you [​IMG]. Sending bad juju your neighbors way.

6. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Have I missed something? Is there an ordinance or HOA covenant that expresses no chickens or poultry?

7. Steve

Steve Ye Olde Henhouse Builder

I knew there was a reason I bought 30 acres....no one can mess with me about what I can and can not have on my land.

So sorry for you.....what ever happened to "live and let live"?

8. K&H Chicken Farm

K&H Chicken Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2008
    Redding CA
    You have a great new home and a wonderful life waiting for you just up ahead. Have fun house hunting and good luck!
    Shelly

9. Buster

Buster Back to Work

They can tell me to get rid of my chickens after they burn me out of here. I'll never listen to cranky neighbors about things like that. I bought a place zoned agriculture for a reason, even if it's only 1 1/4 acre. If my neighbors don't like it, let THEM move!

10. Break an Egg

Break an Egg Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    My neighbors better not complain. Seriously, we just moved here and we have put up with alot.

I'm sorry to hear you had to get rid of them.

Is it against the law to keep them where you live?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by