Sad day for my "special" chick...

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Mycookoonest, Jul 6, 2008.

1. Mycookoonest

Mycookoonest Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2008
    Hudson Valley NY
    The chick I helped out from the egg last week passed away today. The one who was foaming in the egg. It was perfectly fine until I went on vacation. I even paid a neighbor to come and check on them the whole weekend (Fri until today).

Well we came home to that one passed away. I looked him over and he had pasted up. I'm so mad at myself!!! If I had just stayed home it wouldn't have happened. She told me she saw it not walking too good, she picked it up and knew it wasn't going to make it...

I'm so upset. He was perfectly fine on Thursday when we left. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Myst4

Myst4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2008
    N.S., Canada
    Quote:I'm so sorry to hear about your lil' baby. I feel the same way. For the last couple of days,when I have left for a while, tragedy has struck and I've lost a chick yesterday(few hours old,drowned) and one today( 9 week old,got killed by one of my dogs). I hope tomorrow is a better day for you and me. I feel that I shouldn't have gone anywhere. If only I have stayed at home.....I could have saved them or prevented anything bad from happening.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2008
  3. countryboy

countryboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2007
    sorry that happened. [​IMG]

4. ginbart

ginbart Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    I'm so sorry you lost it. It's hard to wait all that time and then you lose them. I was amazed at how fast you can get attached to them. Again I’m sorry for your loss.

5. Nuggetsowner:)

Nuggetsowner:) Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2007
    Minnesota
    So sorry for your loss! [​IMG]

6. robinaggie

robinaggie Flew the Coop

May 25, 2008
    Texas
    I'm very, very sorry about your chickie. But you can't stay home and watch them 24/7, or you'd lose your mind. I do know how you feel, but it's not your fault. [​IMG]

7. mamaboyd

mamaboyd Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2007
    Kendal.Ontario,Canada
    I'm so sorry for both of your losses. [​IMG]

8. Myst4

Myst4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2008
    N.S., Canada
    Quote:Thank you

9. Mycookoonest

Mycookoonest Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2008
    Hudson Valley NY
    Thank You! I had to give it's "brother or sister" extra attention last night and today since it's chirping like crazy!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by