Sad day/Happy day

ashyannehand

Songster
11 Years
Jun 25, 2008
Wade, Mississippi
Well - after trying everything I had read on this forum and some things my grandma gave me advice about, we had to cull my crazy 6 month old roo. He had become so mean that everytime I came near him or any of the hens, he attacked. I hated to cull him, but with small children I felt like I had no choice.
sad.png

One good thing that happened yesterday however was I got 10 eggs, the most ever. I have 11 hens so my girls are doing a good job.
smile.png

I do plan on getting another young roo and with my new knowlegde, hopefully he will be a easier to deal with.

Thanks to all who gave me all the info on problem roos. I will be using it again to train the new roo.

Sorry about not being able to keep your Roo. We went through the exact same thing last year with ours. He didn't mess with me, I was able to show him I was top 'dog', er Roo. But, he attacked my children so that ended his time here. I was able to find him a really great home with a woman who had no children.

Yippee! Ten eggs from 11 hens... that's great.

about the eggs....Yay! I got my first one yesterday, second one today!
wee.gif

about the roo....that's really sad....I hope that doesn't happen to mine...he is sweet now, but he is only 12 weeks and he is pretty comfortable around me. Good luck with your next one...

~Rebecca

Back
Top Bottom