1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Sad Day here at Heavens Door Acres.

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by justusnak, Mar 29, 2007.

1. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

I just need to vent a little......today is a very sad day for us here. Last night, my 13 yr old Golden retriever went down...so I had to take him in to be put to sleep. I cant stop crying.... [​IMG] he was my boy....13 years...like a kid. It was too late in the evening to bring his body home, so I had to let the vet take care of that. THAT hurts almost as bad. We have a prayer garden, and saved a spot just for him! Ohhh, my boy is gone.....im so lost without him....and so are the other dogs...they keep looking for him.... [​IMG] I know he is in a better place, and not suffering anymore....but it still hurts. Thanks for listening.....

2. Marion

Marion Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    Losing a family member is always so very difficult and there is very little anyone can say or do to reduce the pain so I will simply say that I am sorry to hear of your loss and will keep you and yours in my prayers for a brighter tomorrow.

3. hencackle

hencackle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Telford, TN
    I'm so sorry. You did the right thing and I'm sure he knew it in his own way.
    [​IMG] Stephanie

4. mudhen

mudhen confidently clueless

Jan 15, 2007
    Shepherdstown, WV
    "They that love beyond the world cannot be separated by it. Death cannot kill what never dies."
    - William Penn

justusnak, I am so very sorry for your loss.

Nothing can be said by anyone to make you feel any better. But know that you have us all behind you.
    I send you hugs and know your heartache.
    Remember all your happy times together – For as long as memories live within your heart, your gentle, noble friend will live forever. :aww

5. cockadoodlemom

cockadoodlemom Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2007
    Texas
    mudhen said what I was thinking. I too know your pain [​IMG]. Praying for You and Yours and sending [​IMG]

6. chickbea

chickbea Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2007
    Vermont
    I'm so sorry.

7. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Thank you all for your kind words..and thoughts. I know it wil get easier as the days pass...again, thank you so much!

8. Ravenxxx

Ravenxxx Out Of The Brooder

Mar 4, 2007
    England
    Im so sorry BIG ***Hugs*** to you xx [​IMG]

Being a good animal mum/dad is knowing when to let them go. [​IMG]

xxx

9. bayouchica

bayouchica Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    I'm so sorry....[​IMG] :aww

10. Foghorn

Foghorn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Connecticut
    My golden is 10 years old. I try not to think of the day he goes and what it will be like. I can imagine your hurt. I am sorry for that. I am sure he gave you such love and devotion. They are a breed that doesn't know anger , or how to be mean. They want love and give love, but like us, their time is limited. I know the words "in time" may not seem like much help right now, so just think of all the great times you shared and know that it will get better.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by