Sad day in the coop

2buffchicks

In the Brooder
6 Years
Oct 7, 2013
California
This morning we lost our sweet little Lucy in a freak accident. :(
At night they sleep in their brooder in the guest bedroom & in the day they run around in the utility room (since it snowed yesterday or else they'd be in the coop). This morning the kids were getting the girls out & Lucy was so excited- running around the room- and she flew up on to the headboard of the bed, slipped and fell between the bed & the wall. I am completely heartbroken. She was such a sweet chick... I am now worried about Rosie, I am afraid she will get too lonely as she was always watching out for Lucy and acted as the 'big sister'. We are going to spend as much time with her as possible until we can find her another friend. </3

Lucy is on the Left in both pics <3 I sure will miss her little fluffy butt.

Sorry for you loss.
hugs.gif

Thanks. We have definitely made a relationship with our chicks just like any other pet we have had.
I still can't believe she's gone really. :(

Any suggestions for Rosie so she's not so lonely? especially at night or when she goes back out in the coop? I am not sure how soon we can find another sister for her.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I love my chickens more than any other of my pets. I hope that you have good luck in finding a friend for your chicken.
hugs.gif

I've been calling around locally with no success yet. My daughter went & sat with Rosie in the coop today & she sat right on her lap and cuddled up for a good while which she usually had no interest in doing so I know this is affecting her
sad.png

I did see an ad for some silkie bantams- would they be a good pair for my buff orp?

Back
Top Bottom