Sad day.......lost two chickens & still no job........

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by chickenzoo, Sep 14, 2009.

1. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Today seemed like it would be a good day.......until this afternoon. Sophie, my Diva silkies dad, Mr. Man has been ill for some time. He had started acting odd a few months ago, tilting his head, getting slower until he lost the use of his legs. I tried everything i could think of to fix him, but still nothing worked. He seemed happy in his little wheel chair I made him out of an old box, and every time I got concerned about him and thought I was selfish and should put him down, he'd look straight into my eyes with a happy stare. I couldn't do it. He'd take some big bites and drink his vitamin potion and my heart sunk. I couldn't do it. I thought today i might have to, but again he gave me that look, reached over and gobbled some food, sipped his vitamin potion and seemed to smile. I said ok old man, and went off for the day. I came home to find he had passed on his own. I'll miss his happy little face and his beautiful babies he gave me. As I took him out to bury him, I noticed my little black Serama hen dead on her back in her cage. She was fine yesterday, no signs of illness, fat and healthy. The only thing different was yesterday I gave them some fresh romane lettuce and a piece of red pepper to chew on. She did not seem interested in any of it though.......... She was my favorite little hen, the only one left from one of my lines of small black Seramas. I buried both of them and went to the house to cry. Hubby was there and told me he did not get the job we were so hoping for.................. I am just so sad today. I feel like I just don't want to do any of this anymore.......

2. goobhen

goobhen Chicks Rule

Dec 6, 2008
    Indiana
    I will lift you and your husband to the Lord! May God richly bless you and yours! Theresa

3. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

Im so sorry that things are so difficult right now.

You will be in my prayers.

4. lovemychix

lovemychix Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2008
    Moulton Iowa
    So sorry you had such a bad day. [​IMG] Hope things look up soon!

5. fldiver97

fldiver97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2009
    Middleton, WI
    [​IMG] so sorry!! Hope things ill get better quick.....

6. Sugar Sand Farm

Sugar Sand Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2007
    North Florida
    Hang in there girl. We went through the being out of work for 1 1/2 years. Finally DH took a job at Wallyworld just as his unemployment ended. Its not much but at least its a job. Some days it seems to go from bad to worse. But remember theres always someone with more problems than you. Also we are never given any burden we can't handle with faith. God Bless Micki

7. ducks4you

ducks4you Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2009
    East Central Illinois
    I'll be praying for you. I've been there. [​IMG]

8. hiddenmagnolia

hiddenmagnolia Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 21, 2007
    South Louisiana
    Hang in there my DH just went back to work after 8 months. He makes a lot less then he did before but at least it is more than unemployment.

9. BlueMoon

BlueMoon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2007
    Scenic Verbank, NY
    What a rotten morning. I am so sorry - sounds like a good day to take a long walk and practice breathing deeply. Really does help and please hang in there.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by