Sad day :(

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by aineheartsyou, Jun 22, 2011.

1. aineheartsyou

aineheartsyou Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2009
    Dixie, WA
    I forgot to lock my flock in at dusk last night and when I woke up 3 ducks were missing [​IMG] Its all my fault that they were taken by a predator, it could have been prevented [​IMG] It seems my gander tried to defend the flock because he is pretty ragged this morning and is limping a bit. I thought about bringing him into the house but I think that would cause more problems instead of helping him get better. everyone else is ok but they all seem very sad and are not as active and vocal today.

2. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    SO sorry to hear this!! [​IMG]

3. showjumper_girl2002

showjumper_girl2002 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2011
    Florida
    :(awww that's so sad! i hope your others are ok

4. featherfinder

featherfinder Runner Lover

[​IMG] Sorry for the loss but we all make mistakes. Dont beat your self up over it to much. Hope that they just ran off trying to escape and come back home to you!

5. 70%cocoa

70%cocoa Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2011
    Canberra, Australia
    Oh no, that is very sad [​IMG] I'm really sorry to hear that. We have all forgotten to lock birds up at one time or another....

6. lovin my birds

lovin my birds Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2011
    Odessa, MO
    Awe I am so sorry for your loss. It is always sad to loose a pet. I hope they just ran and hid to and will come back soon. I would go search everywhere for them. You never know. [​IMG]

7. aineheartsyou

aineheartsyou Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2009
    Dixie, WA
    Thanks all, I have walked our property (1.5acre) a couple times and havent found anything [​IMG] I dont think they will be coming back

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by