Sad Day

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by LadyB, Jul 19, 2011.

1. LadyB

LadyB Out Of The Brooder

Apr 21, 2010
    Issaquah, WA
    My beloved chicken Thelma died today. She was a 5 month old Buckeye that just refused to grow. She had several health crisis that I nursed her back from but she just wouldn't grow or keep weight on. All of my other chickens rejected her, so she spent a lot of time with me. I'm heartbroken. Sometimes having chickens is so hard!

2. Lacey1988

Lacey1988 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2011
    Mississippi
    [​IMG] sorry for your loss

3. AyeUpChuck

AyeUpChuck Striving for Self-Sufficiency

Mar 7, 2011
    Beavercreek, OR
    Quote:[​IMG]

I literally just had the same thing happen to me not ten minutes ago. It was a special needs chick I adopted and she died gasping in my hands. She was so emaciated. I had no idea it was that bad because she's super fluffy and I've been so bloody busy. I share your pain [​IMG]

4. froggiesheins

froggiesheins Overrun With Chickens

Oct 14, 2010
    Jurupa Valley, CA
    Quote:[​IMG]

I literally just had the same thing happen to me not ten minutes ago. It was a special needs chick I adopted and she died gasping in my hands. She was so emaciated. I had no idea it was that bad because she's super fluffy and I've been so bloody busy. I share your pain [​IMG]

sO SORRY TO HEAR YOU LOST tHELMA [​IMG] May you have some great memories of her to warm your heart.....[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by