Sad Day...

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Miyashi, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Miyashi

Miyashi Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2011
    Gaylord, MI
    My friend had a puppy...

Her Mom hated the puppy...

So there were a couple times when she brought the puppy to work with her and left her in the car...I would call my Mom to come get the puppy so she could play at our house with our dogs for the day.

Her name was Nala.

She was a black pitbull. Very cute.

Today her Mom calls her at work and tells her that Nala had been hit by a car.

Her Mom knew Nala couldn't be out without a leash.

She let her out anyway.

I think it was intentional.

It's just terrible.

I know she wasn't my dog, but I threw up because I couldn't understand how someone could be so cruel.
    She called my friend at work and told her she had to come clean up the mess.
    How terrible is that!?!
    Some people!
    Luckily her boyfriend came to get her and he hugged her in the parking lot for a good half hour before they left.
    There was nothing she could do...I understand feeling that powerless.
    [​IMG]

2. mercedes

mercedes Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2010
    TX
    OMG,so sorry about Nala.Thank you for caring about her,you are a very kind person. [​IMG] to you and your friend.

3. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    What is wrong with people? Why get a dog if they can't care for it? [​IMG]
    That is a very sad story. You seem like a very caring person. [​IMG]

4. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

I'm so sorry.

I hope it was an accident.

It would be psychotic to do that intentionally.

Imp

5. Miyashi

Miyashi Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2011
    Gaylord, MI
    Her Mother is psychotic.
    I'm sure of it. The reason she would bring her to work with her was because she was worried her Mom would do something stupid.
    I don't think she imagined something so awful...but just taking her to the pound or something.
    All her Mom was asked to do was take her out on her lead a couple times during the 8 hour period my friend wasn't with her.
    The leash was right by the door.
    Her Mom doesn't work and complains about everything.
    My friend bought all the dogs food, paid all the vet bills, paid for any damages she may have done when she was a younger chewier puppy...
    There was really nothing to be mad about...
    It's really bothering me.
    I just can't wrap my mind around...but I guess that's why they are called psychos.
    [​IMG]
    Terrible day. I wish I could do something for her...but there really isn't anything.
    I'm glad her boyfriend loves her to pieces. We all need someone who loves us like that.
    There are times when you just can't help someone....no matter how much you want to.
    It was terrible hearing her screaming to her mother on the phone..."MOM, Why did you let her out! Why!?"
    I went from being upset to being p-d off at her Mother.
    I wanted to go with her, but we couldn't all leave!
    Thanks for listening everyone.
    My Mom is out of town for the month...she's my favorite to talk to...and I realize this isn't my problem...but I'm a person who cares and worries about others so much that I make myself sick and I'll bend over backwards for anyone if I can.
    So thanks again!
    Hopefully I'll hear from my friend tomorrow...see how she's holding up.
    I think this was her first dog that actually connected with her...that's so hard.
    [​IMG]

6. sara

sara Title Needed Here

that's terrible

7. JulieNKC

JulieNKC Overrun With Chickens

Sep 25, 2010
    Kansas City
    That is terrible. But if she lives at her mom's house and her mom didn't want a dog why did she get her? Nothing excuses it if she intentionally hurt the dog, but maybe your friend wasn't being very smart getting the puppy in the first place, and the puppy should have been given to a better home before this happened.

8. Mah1Mah1

Mah1Mah1 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2014
    Australia, NSW
    I think i'm going to cry [​IMG]... mainly because there are people sick enough in this world to do stuff like this. I'm glad you are so upset about your friend. That is called caring people!!! [​IMG]

Last edited: May 27, 2014

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by