Sad Duck Story

Duckbreeder2020

Crossing the Road
Sep 18, 2020
New Jersey
Another Story!:

Today was the day I hoped! I hoped on the boat and paddled out to the duck house floating on the water. I looked over at the nest. YES! Today was the day! A duckling had hatched! It was a Khaki Camble Pekin mix duckling. Only one so far, it was still wet. It was yellow and black and adorable! One thing was wrong, it wasn’t cuddling close with its mother, in fact the mother was denying it! I almost touched the duckling to put it with its mom. I pulled back my hands, I needed gloves. I paddled back to shore and grabbed some gloves, I picked up the baby duckling and put it in the nest next to the mum.
I was scared for the baby, what if the mom was going to peck it? Finally she expected it! After every 2 hours I would check on the mother duck and everytime a new duckling would appear! Duckling #2 was also a yellow and black duck. Duckling #3 was all yellow. Duckling #4 was all brown. And the last one to hatch was duckling #5, it was brown and yellow. I was happy to see 5 new baby ducks all dry cuddled up with there mum.
I looked over and covered my nose, there was a rotten egg in there! I took the rotten eggs out and chucked them into the outdoor dump. I went to bed and woke up, I paddled out to the floating duck house to find the mother duck hiding, no babies? I saw a snapping turtle emerge from the nest and plop into the water. My heart sunk, he had eaten them all... I paddled over and saw the nest destroyed.
Thank you guys for reading!

Another Story!:

Today was the day I hoped! I hoped on the boat and paddled out to the duck house floating on the water. I looked over at the nest. YES! Today was the day! A duckling had hatched! It was a Khaki Camble Pekin mix duckling. Only one so far, it was still wet. It was yellow and black and adorable! One thing was wrong, it wasn’t cuddling close with its mother, in fact the mother was denying it! I almost touched the duckling to put it with its mom. I pulled back my hands, I needed gloves. I paddled back to shore and grabbed some gloves, I picked up the baby duckling and put it in the nest next to the mum.
I was scared for the baby, what if the mom was going to peck it? Finally she expected it! After every 2 hours I would check on the mother duck and everytime a new duckling would appear! Duckling #2 was also a yellow and black duck. Duckling #3 was all yellow. Duckling #4 was all brown. And the last one to hatch was duckling #5, it was brown and yellow. I was happy to see 5 new baby ducks all dry cuddled up with there mum.
I looked over and covered my nose, there was a rotten egg in there! I took the rotten eggs out and chucked them into the outdoor dump. I went to bed and woke up, I paddled out to the floating duck house to find the mother duck hiding, no babies? I saw a snapping turtle emerge from the nest and plop into the water. My heart sunk, he had eaten them all... I paddled over and saw the nest destroyed.
Thank you guys for reading!
Oh, thats sad! So sorry!

Back
Top Bottom