Sad...I have to find homes for 3 Ameraucana roos (2 black & 1 bbs) :(

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by juliect, Jun 25, 2010.

1. juliect

juliect Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2009
    Niota, TN
    I ordered 8 Amers chicks from Ahappychick back in February. 4 grew up to be pullets and 4 grew up to be roos [​IMG]

I sadly am going to have to re-home 3 of the roos. I want them to go to good homes and preferably be used in breeding rather than Sunday dinner. After weeks of agonizing over which three to part with I have made my decision. If anyone is interested, please let me know. One of the blacks has been spoken for and will be going to his new home tomorrow.

Vegas (black) on left and Coyote (black) on the right.
    [​IMG]

Curly (splash)
    [​IMG]

2. Serrin

Serrin Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh I so wish I could help you out Julie. But I have two boys I have to find homes for as well. And it doesn't help that you're all the way across the continent from me. [​IMG] Those blacks are absolutely gorgeous!! [​IMG] How are their personalities? I'm sure you won't have any trouble finding them a new home. Anyone in your area in the market for a new roo would surely pick those handsome boys! Have you given much thought to listing them on Craig's List? I did that for my BW roo Griffin. He was gone in less than 24 hours! Best five minutes of my time I ever invested online....well, other than here at BYC of course! [​IMG]

Good luck. I hope you find them really good homes!

3. WhiteMountainsRanch

WhiteMountainsRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2010
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    Wow they are beautiful! [​IMG]

4. DragonEggs

DragonEggs Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2010
    Borger, TX
    I wish you werent so far! Ive been looking for an AmRoo and that splash is GORGEOUS!

5. juliect

Jul 9, 2009
    Niota, TN
    Thanks for all the compliments and suggestions!
    As far as their personalities go:
    Vegas (black with the fancy plumage) is CLEARLY in charge. He is the top rooster and right now he "tolerates" the other roosters as long as they don't try to be roosters...which is where the trouble starts.

Coyote (black) is boldly trying to usurp Vegas's throne. The fights they get into disrupt everything! I have a friend who wants one of the blacks today, so hopefully that will calm everything down some.

Curly (splash) is laid back and easy going, he just hangs out with the hens and let's the two blacks wage their war.

Mercedes (the splash that I'm keeping) is also laid back. When the chicks first arrived, Mercedes was tangled in the packing material and very weak, so he has always been a bit behind the others and prone to getting picked on. Which is why I'm keeping him, he isn't the prettiest roo...but he's my baby.

6. juliect

Jul 9, 2009
    Niota, TN
    Coyote has found a great home!
    Now to find homes for Curly and Vegas.

7. Rodeoclown1189

Rodeoclown1189 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2009
    East TN
    wow if i would have seen this earlier i would have totally taken the blue boy off of you when i picked up the chickens from Amy and you brought her the black one... it was nice meeting you though if i can ill let you know if im back that way and ill take one off of your hands

8. juliect

Jul 9, 2009
    Niota, TN
    Quote:It was great meeting you too. You got some fine specimens from Amy, that's for sure. I should have thought to ask you if you wanted one of the roos. Feel free to contact me when you're coming back to the area or I can meet you in the Knoxville area if needed on a Saturday or Sunday. Curly is a gorgeous splash roo, its been so hard deciding which roos to let go, all of Ahappychick chickens are beautiful...but my little blue/black splash, Mercedes has me wrapped. He is a major mama's boy.

Just let me know!

-Julie

9. ChickenWisperer

ChickenWisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    How old are these guys? I doubt they are young enough for me but doesn't hurt to ask. They are beautiful boys!

10. juliect

Jul 9, 2009
    Niota, TN
    Quote:They were hatched the first week of February, so five months.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by