sad morning here- not chicken related

smpezzi

Songster
11 Years
Jun 4, 2008
Mid-Michigan
I got up this morning and looked out the downstairs window and saw something in the road- my heart skipped a beat and I thought oh please no. I went out to feed the kittys and went to see what was in the road it was Destiny- the new kitten that was given to the boys by the rescue lady
hit.gif
It looks like she was hit more than once- my heart sank. I buried her and came in to talk to the two youngest boys since she was theirs. They both took it so hard. This is the second kitty they have lost in two months, the first was sick and all we could do was keep her comfortable for her last days then Destiny our surprise kitty
hit.gif
I can't say for sure but I think who ever hit her did it on purpose :thun Hubby and the two older boys saw her this morning when they were leaving to go fishing so sometime in the two hours since they left and I got up she got hit.

At first Matthew and Alex wanted a new kitty but now hubby has convinced them to just wait until the county fair this next week and he will let them pick out some ducks from there- he is thinking hopefully they will have better luck with the ducks in a pen then with kittys.

So now Kip is the lone kitty once again.

I am so bummed Destiny was such a good sweet girl, she followed the boys around like a puppy
hit.gif

Oh I am so sad for you and the boys. How sensless if some one did do that on purpose. I am and have always been a cat lover. I hope they will decide to get another kitten when they are ready. I have 6 they could pick from if you want to take a "drive" to Montana!!
big_smile.png

I'm sorry. I know how sad that is. I had a cat that was hit and he crawled home and died on the porch right in front of us kids. It's a painful memory.

My kitty went to run out of the house this morning, and thank God I caught her. I hate to keep her in all the time, but I know she'd be hit on the busy road nearby.

RIP, kitty.

I'm sorry your kitty was hit. I don't let my cats out anymore. Well, actually, I haven't for years, I lost two early on when I first moved here 30 years ago, cats since then have been indoor cats not because I'm against them going outside (there are lots of people out there who are) but just to keep them safe, I live on way to busy a road.

But then there was Evan, who came to live here from his abusive home. Evan was an outdoor cat and there was no changing that. He was pitiful inside, he cried, wailed, tried every which way to get out, finally I realized I had to let him take his chances. I loved having him around. He'd come down the driveway every night and greet my husband (hubby loved that cat!) and follow him into the house just like a dog. He followed me around my garden, and went for walks with me and Molly, my basset hound. He was a wonderful cat, I had him for seven nice years (he was four when he came to me). But one day, he bought it out there, he got brazen about that road, I could see it coming. Poor kitties just don't understand.....

I hope your little ones aren't too sad for long. It's a tough lesson for them.

hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
I am so very sorry.
Please let your boys know they are brave and very thoughful young men and I think they are heros for the good deed of their rescue of that Bunny.. I am again sorry they lost their little kitten....
hugs.gif

But I am with your DH that
fl.gif
hopefully Ducks will help to brighten up their hearts.

Back
Top Bottom