Sad news about a great rider and a great horse

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by welsummerchicks, Jun 29, 2011.

1. welsummerchicks

welsummerchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUz_RpKZIww

Many
    people know about the complaints about top dressage riding these days. If you look at this video, you'll see a horse and rider that are completely free of any such difficulties. I don't know when I've ever seen such a beautiful, harmonious, technically correct performance of horse and rider.

Perfection, frozen in time.

The song, 'Hands on a Miracle' is very, very much needed in this case.

This Australian dressage rider, Hayley Beresford, just had her second recurrence of breast cancer - at age 33. Her first occurance was at 25.

Sadly, Hayley just lost her beautiful, one of a kind dressage horse, Relampago.

Someone wrecklessly pulled out in front of their horse van, and the driver had to avoid the vehicle, which cased the horse van to flip.

He had to be euthenized at the scene.

How terrible for Hayley - healing thoughts and prayers to Hayley.

2. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Just beautiful and so sad!

3. AKsmama

AKsmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2010
    South Carolina
    That is a beautiful video. I am so sad for Hayley, not just for her cancer recurrence, but for the senseless loss of her horse as well. When you spend that much time and effort with a gorgeous, caring, intelligent animal, it becomes a part of your soul, a part of your being. I can't imagine the devastation she is feeling and will always feel.

4. TMNTCkins

TMNTCkins Chillin' With My Peeps

That was a beautiful ride.
    What a horrable thing to have happen. When you spend so much time with a great animal as this, it's like loosing part of yourself.
    Sending prayers for this young woaman.

5. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    Stunning and breathtaking....I sit here with goosebumps and tears. Prayers for Hayley. Ohhhh.... That kind of oneness comes but once in a life time. Thanks for sharing.

6. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

Very tragic [​IMG]

7. Avalon1984

Avalon1984 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2010
    Muskegon
    Just terrible. What is it with people that think they can pull out in front of horse rigs? We have had that happen so many times it stinks. What a terrible tragedy for Hayley and her horse.

8. Baymule

Baymule Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    Northeast Texas
    Living poetry. Perfection of fluid movement. Oneness achieved. Beauty beyond expression. Heartbreaking.

9. MrsKemmerlin

MrsKemmerlin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 14, 2011
    Round O, SC
    How beautiful, you could sit there and watch them all day. I certainly am with turney31, goosebumps for sure. Prayers for Hayley, I can only imagine how she is feeling [​IMG]

10. Yvonne37894

Yvonne37894 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2009
    Live Oak, FL
    Thank you for sharing this
    My prayers are with Hayley

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by