Sad news

team guava pastry

Songster
10 Years
Feb 4, 2009
Miami, FL
Our beloved spoiled buff chochin(Stevie) died today. When I found her she was sitting in a dusting spot, and it must of just happened she was still limp.
I checked her over and no truama, injuries, nothing. She wasn't very old perhaps just a yr old. She has been laying regularly, eating like a pig, so we are shocked!

What a day to go.
Sad day at TGP yard.

Im so sorry
hugs.gif

Oh, how sad... I'm so sorry for your loss.
sad.png
I wonder why she passed. Could it have been egg binding or something like that? It's always hard to lose young chickens unexpectedly. I lost two of my girls over the summer to heat stroke and it still saddens me to think of it, over six months later... It's much easier when they die of old age because you know they had a long life and it was just natural.
hugs.gif
At least she had a good life with people who loved her, even if it was cut short.

I'm so sorry. I had that happen, found a barely two-year-old Wyandotte in a dusting hole. Not a mark on her. A day previously, she was sitting on the ground out of the sun (cold day). I picked her up and examined her and she looked fabulous. The next day, just dead. We did open her up and found loose egg yolk in her abdomen, so she died of peritonitis/salpingitis. Hard to know what happened without a necropsy of some sort.

Lost one point of lay pullet once to a heart defect. One day she is sitting down, her heart just racing. Next day, found her dead with blood in her beak. One chamber of her heart had just exploded, we discovered. Guess coming into lay with a heart defect just did her in. Such a shame!

Back
Top Bottom