sad !!!none laying hen

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by rubyzoo, Jan 24, 2011.

1. rubyzoo

rubyzoo Out Of The Brooder

Dec 11, 2010
    I have a year old plymouth rock barred chicken ( Lacy). When she was old enough she laid a few eggs but they like rubber and very soft then she quit. [​IMG] Now she just lay's on the other girls eggs I feel bad for her! any idea's . No i will not have her for dinner she is my pet . I saved her and two others from people who i know were cruel [​IMG]! they were in a old ( smallest ) bathroom vanity I have ever seen. There water was more dropping than water . They were kept there for six months night and day Than I talk them into giving the to me.I came home and my dear husband:love spent the whole summer building a coop I got three more and i love them! They now live like Queens. Which came first the chickens![​IMG] I live in the country but have neighbors so i cannot let them free range! Every day i find something to do out side and i have a walking stick to gently guide them to and fro. I'm called the [​IMG] lady chicken sheepard !!

Last edited: Jan 24, 2011
  2. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

What a cute title to have!! [​IMG] It probably does have something to do with the way they were living at first. [​IMG] One thing thats for sure, you have them now, and they are in the best place ever!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. rubyzoo

rubyzoo Out Of The Brooder

Dec 11, 2010
    thank you [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by