Sad, Sad Day

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Bec, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

My 4 Valentine babies just went to their new home [​IMG] I had no idea that it was going to be this hard. The guy was really nice and has other chickens, guineas and pigeons. It took all I have to not break down in front of him, so here I am now.

2. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Awww. [​IMG]

The good thing is that they are relatively easy to replace.

3. Skitz

Skitz Skitz15k

Nov 11, 2008
    Texas
    [​IMG] I know how it feels [​IMG] i've sold many of my chicks that I miss even my first hen, but I know she likes it better over there in the country than in the city [​IMG]

4. PQ

PQ Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2009
    Platina, Ca.
    Is it not funny how attached we get? Try to sell extra roosters from hatchings at Swap and I'll only sell to a few people after finding out a man that bought 9 of our Millie Fluer cochins just turns around and sells for profit [​IMG]
    It was a awful thing to watch him put those chickens we worked so hard to make such good little friends be put into feed bags and shoved in the back of his truck...

5. Sequin

Sequin Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Oh PQ, that would just make me Sick!!! My chicks stuffed into feed bags? In the back of a truck?! [​IMG]

I'm sorry you are having a sad day Bec. [​IMG] I hope the sun will shine and cheer you a little. [​IMG]

6. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

I know they got a good home, it is just the separation part that hurts. The guy bought some of my orpington eggs and wants to buy some blue hen eggs, so I will be in touch with him and be able to find out how they are. He has Buff cochins, white rocks and rhode island reds.

I feel better now, but will be sad to go out and feed tonight...time will heal. I also feel bad for the momma hen..she is probably so confused.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by